Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

bove my shoulder.

bove my shoulder.
what is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I typed it in but now its gone. 2 days ago I hurt my neck, body surfing, stuck it in the sand. As soon as I got up my left arm was numb, and poor motor skills. My hand and forarm feel normal but bicep is weak and cannot lift my arm over my head by itself. I can lift it with my other arm, and theres not lots of pain, more like prallisys? I have an existing disc problem in neck. Im concerned about how my arm is feeling, or acting? Any sugestions

well, it is possible that you have some neck spasm from the injury which can compress the nerves and cause issues with weakness and pain.
However, with this type of injury, I would highly suggest that you get a MRI of the cervical spine to make sure that you did not injure your neck and cause nerve entrapment, etc.
You can apply warm compresses for relief, but you do need that MRI...

I hope that this helps, Chuck.
Please keep me posted...

Please leave positive feedback if this helped :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any problem with waiting a week to see if it goes away.

You can wait a week unless the symptoms start to become worse. Sometimes the nerve is 'stunned' from an injury- this is a called neuropraxia and it slowly recovers on its own.

I was checking to see how you were doing