Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

The oncologist told my son he has bone marrow scarring, & hes

The oncologist told my son he has bone marrow scarring, & he's had chronic itp for years. Does bone marrow scarring mean he's got Myelifibrosis? His spleen was so enlarged they had to remove it which almost killed him. He needs to be seeing a specialist, but has no insurance & can't possibly work.
thank you for your question.
Myelofibrosis is a serious bone marrow disorder that disrupts your body's normal production of blood cells- it occurs when a genetic mutation occurs in blood stem cells. it can be develop on its own or as a complication of essential thrombocythemia or polycythemia vera or even ITP. But he needs a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration can confirm a diagnosis of myelofibrosis.

I hope that this helped.

Please leave positive feedback if it did :-)