Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a female body builder I took a 12 week cycle of

Customer Question

I have a female body builder I took a 12 week cycle of anavar orally. I think it was anavar. I took 5 mg and last 4 weeks i took 10mg daily. My last dose was July 06. And my last mentrual period was July 8 and my cycles can range anywhere from 31-45 days. Last one being 40 days. I found out I was pregnant on August 21 the doctor said I was 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. My question is would the anavar I took couple of weeks prior to my pregnancy have any affects on my baby?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

The Anavar is completely eliminated from the body in around 3 days. So there is no residual drug in the body by the July 9. So your baby would not be affected by the medication, as conception has occurred far later. Please do not worry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.