Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

hi can you tell me who manufactures zopitan tablets ,i take

hi can you tell me who manufactures zopitan tablets ,i take zimovane or zopitan but ive tried imovane that are the exact same but are no where near as strong , do you know of company called meda manufacturing them under a different name than zimovane or the manufacturer of zopitan. thank you as only these will suit me .our chemist tell us they are all the same but this is not true from my experience

Zopitan was manufactured in Ireland but it is not manufactured anymore.

Zimovane is still being manufactured in the UK. You can get it from someone in the UK, it is available in the pharmacies there.

You can also try ordering it from an online pharmacy there, but I am not sure if that is legal or if they will sell it to you without a UK prescription.

Look up this link and search for Zimovane:
http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/pharmacy.aspx

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i live in ireland doc and still get zopitan do you know who manufactures it , and am i right in thinking that generic versons are not the same and varients of zopiclone are different in different brands and countries , thank you

Zopitan is a generic brand. The manufacturer of your brand can be checked at the chemist.

All generic brands are the same, having the same amount and concentration of the pharmaceutical chemical involved. Zopiclone varies in different countries only according to brand name and there is no difference in the chemical composition or concentration, etc.

Hence ideally there should not be any difference between different brands, but sometimes there may be small differences due to the additives used, etc.

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti