Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

Please advise. My problems started 2 and a half year ago when

Please advise. My problems started 2 and a half year ago when I had unprotected vaginal sex with a woman I know. I started symptoms of pain testicles and groin, tested neg on all stds and hiv. They couldnt find anything wrong. Since then I stupidly had sex with the same lady whilst drunk again unprotected but did not test. My gp did full anti body test and everything came back normal. I drink excessively and my symptoms have gone from athletes foot, strep throat with one noticeable swollen node in left armpit after the strep. Since then I have had persistent sore throat with a stiff painful neck and pain in my neck under jaw, my armpits, groin, elbows and ankles. I am convinced it relates to my encounters but would like your opinion. Could anxiety cause all of these issues or could it be my excessive drinking, please advise

As such if your STD test are negative i don't think these symptoms are related to these encounters.
You should undergo
Liver function Test to rule out any associated liver disorders as a result of alcohol abuse.
Also your serum uric acid, RA factor, ESR,CRP,ANA etc should also be done to rule out metabolic/autoimmune causes of pain.
Due to excess alcohol intake uric acid levels can elevate and result in metabolic gouty arthritis.

Also sore throat may be due to poor immune system.

You should avoid excessive alcohol intake as it can have negative effect on your overall health in the long run.
You may undergo counselling from a clinical psychologist and it may help you overcome alcohol abuse and anxiety related issues.

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would these symptoms be there in someone infected with a virus from my encounters? My stiff neck, pain in neck armpits, stinging pains in elbow and ankles etc.. I was worried its my lymph nodes but there is no obvious swelling. When you say weak immune system causing throat, what could be causing weak immune system.

Lack of proper balanced diet can result in poor immune system.

Usually if you had contracted a virus it should have been reported in your blood work.
Since i see your lab reports are totally normal and your STD profile is negative i don't see these symptoms related to these encounters.
Also the lady should also be tested if possible for STD.And if she is also negative you should not worry about.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would the anti body blood tests that the doctor said were normal have picked up HIV and any other virus that can be contracted via vaginal sex?

Usually the anti body test can detect HIV infection after the window period.(90days from exposure)
Other viruses than can be contracted from vaginal sex are

Genital herpes

But these usually present with localised lesions in the penile area.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry when I said antibody test this was a full antibody test looking also at rheumatoid etc not just specific hiv test would this still pick up hiv?

If you have told the history of unprotected sex to your doctor they should have ordered the HIV test.
And they should pick up the HIV after the window period is over.
Usually in routine they check for HSV 2 antibodies as well.
Along with gonorrhoea and chlamydia.