Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Is it possible to acquire an STD from sucking on a womans

Is it possible to acquire an STD from sucking on a woman's breasts or from touching the outside of her vagina? If someone were to engage in either of those activities, should they get tested?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.

Hello Stan,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Usually these activities may not warrant a STD screening. Genital warts and herpes may transmit / communicate with intimate skin contact. So this may be the only issue, which have theoretical possibility of transmission, but the incidence would be too low (especially if the woman was not a sex worker), with just a single incidence.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you, Dr. Arun. The woman in question was a prostitute, so technically, she is a sex worker. On the other hand, this was my first encounter. I was sober and very apprehensive and careful not to engage in any activity where there would be an exchange of bodily fluids. I briefly touched her clitoris and sucked on her nipples, but that was the extent of any use of my mouth. (Please excuse the rather graphic description).

I did not notice any warts or lesions on her body. I remained dressed during the entire encounter. It was stupid, really.

Based on the above information, does your opinion remain the same?

You are very welcome Stan.

There is unlikely to be a transmission. I would not be worried.

It is privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Please stop sending me follow up emails. It is far too easy to click on your link and see the entire thread without any requirement for a password. Anyone could sit at my computer, look at my email and easliy see this communication, resulting in damage to my reputation and personal relationships.

It is unconscionable that this information is accessible without requiring a password.

1. Give me password XXXXXXXXXX

2. Stop emailing me NOW.

I have my answer, and I'm satisfied with it. I don't need you any more.

Hello Stan,

I am very sorry about the inconvenience you have experienced. We experts only answer the questions. Rest of everything including the mails are handled by the site administration. I am alarming them and conveying your concerns. Please contact the site administration at following links, if you can;

Customer help link;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Call Customer Support

Need help? Call our Toll-Free Customer Service

US/Canada 1.888.862.9212
Available 6am to 6pm PST

International
Available 24/7 for calls from outside US/Canada:

Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0808-189-0970
The rest of the world 1-650-385-2899