Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

Are you available to talk

Customer Question

Are you available to talk
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.

medtech254 :

I appears that totti is not online. Do you take any medications? Do you have any other medical conditions?

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- : I do not take any medications. And my medical history is very slim, was hospitalized for 2 days so they could do a bunch of test on my heart, thought there might have been a blockage, but test came back un clear. Doctor said when they looked at it at a certain angle everything seemed fine, but at a different angel it looked as though there "might" be something.. So they let me go after 2 days
medtech254 :

Ok, but the Dr did not elaborate on what they might have found?

medtech254 :

Have you been sick otherwise? Sinus issues, cold, flu, etc?

medtech254 :

Did this just start all of a sudden?

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

It just started tonight. I was laying down on couch for a few hours, got up and felt dizzy. I laid down in bed. Felt fine again and about 45 min later got up to use bathroom and felt a head rush and dizzy again.

medtech254 :

Are you taking in plenty of fluid? Is there any reason why you would be dehydrated (vomiting, exercise, low fluid intake, etc)?

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

While laying down I have no dizzy feeling, but when I stand up it hits me . Doctor did not elebrate on what might have been found, I'm assuming she meant a blockage since that what they was looking for, however I don't see them allowing me to go home if that was the case.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

I drink water throughout the day daily. My urine is pretty clear so I do not think dehydration would be the cause. As I said I do not feel dizzy while laying here in bed only when I get up

medtech254 :

If you have not been sick lately and since you have no reason that you would be dehydrated (that would cause the dizziness upon standing) you should be evaluated in the urgent care clinic. This new symptom is associated with several heart related conditions. I can't imagine them releasing you with a positive finding of a problem and especially without medication. Given that they state "something" was found and this new dizziness (which can be heart related) I would suggest you get evaluated tonight. I know that is not what you want to hear but these symptoms can indicate a serious problem if not addressed immediately.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

Could it be vertigo ?

medtech254 :

Vertigo is normally associated with other symptoms such as nausea and vomiting almost always.

medtech254 :

It is possible.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

It just doesn't make sense why I do not feel the dizzy feeling while laying down. Only when I stand up. And after I move around for a few minutes it seems to go away.. I have no chest pains. I have a slow and steady heart rate.

medtech254 :

However, with the concern of a heart condition/blockage this finding is even more concerning. When you stand up there is a large drop in blood flow to the brain. This can be caused by dehydration (which we ruled out) or a partial blockage (that needs further testing).

medtech254 :

It is much harder to pump the blood up the body when standing vs when you are lying flat.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

Ok so what now

medtech254 :

I wish I could tell you that everything is fine and you should not be concerned but in this case you should be safe and get evaluated while this is occurring.

medtech254 :

You need to be evaluated by the local urgent care or if none available the er.

medtech254 :

This is something you will want to address now rather than wait till the Dr office opens.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

I just got up again. It's more of an off balance thing then dizzy

medtech254 :

I understand. This is caused by low blood flow to the brain.

medtech254 :

That is why you need to be checked out rather than wait it out.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- :

So go to the ER?

medtech254 :

If there is not an urgent care center than yes the er is where you should go to get checked out while these symptoms are occuring.

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- : I am here now
medtech254 :

Ok

medtech254 :

Did you go to the er?

JACUSTOMER-0uqoe2b9- : I'm here now
medtech254 :

Ok great!