Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I had a lumpectomy/sentinel node biopsy on 8/23. I have

I had a lumpectomy/sentinel node biopsy on 8/23. I have breast cancer. My question is this....the incision under my arm still hurts. The incision is about 2-3 inches long and was closed with the glue affect. From the tip of the incision to the bottom of the incision it is hard as a rock when I press on it. The tissues behind it are soft, it is not red or hot to the touch just painful to put my arm down to my side. It's the hardness that bothers me and I'm not sure if I should have it seen by our local care center.
Hi--how soon after the procedure did the hardness occur?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The hardness started about 6-7 days after the procedure

OK--you likely have a hematoma--a pool of blood under the skin--and not an infection or any problem with the internal sutures. It's nothing serious but it may take a couple of weeks to be reabsorbed. I would suggest, though, since I can't examine you, that you have a doctor look at it in the near future.