Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

my appetite is very poor and I went to the doctor she said

my appetite is very poor and I went to the doctor she said she saw where I had gain weight but I am not eating that much, I wne to the heart doctor they did all kinds of test and did not see anything. Why is my appetite so poor. I know when I went to the stomach doctor he determine by looking into my stomach I had some bleeding, could this make me lose my appetite
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Have you got abdomen ultrasound done?
Are you on any medications?
Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?
Any other health or medical problems

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have had an abdomen ultra sound done and I have a hernia, I do not take medicine, I am not stress. I had a

Hysterectomy but this was in 2001 and I noticed my appetite was real big and now it is very liitle. Could my hernia have anything to do with this?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.
In medical terms, this is called as Anorexia.

Yes, it is true that hernia may cause nausea, loss of appetite.
Also, Once a hernia has developed, it will tend to enlarge and cause discomfort. As such, hernia can be repaired effectively and with minimal risk, so you should consult your doctor for this issue.

As such, there are psychological, environmental, and social factors that may contribute to the development of anorexia.

Liver, kidney, lung or heart can cause decreased appetite.
Metabolic problems such as a decrease in hormones, like your thyroid hormone, can be responsible.
Low vitamin levels may also be responsible. The more serious causes of a loss of appetite include cancer.
You may need vitamin supplements, to bring vitamin levels back to normal.

As such, Poor appetite by itself is rarely serious.
However it can over time lead to dehydration, electrolyte problems and this can be life threatening.

A thorough clinical evaluation, and detailed blood work has to be done for precise diagnosis.
I suggest you to consult your primary care doctor and get it managed.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years