Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

When i was 6 yrs old i was burned (2_3rd degree) on over a

When i was 6 yrs old i was burned (2_3rd degree) on over a third of my body nightgown caught on fire i have never had any surgerys one of my breasts & under my arm were badly burned my question is recently i have put on weight & it is tearing. I have tried putting vit E oil on it this helps but doesnt fix problem is there anything else I can do?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Is the scar tissue over the burnt area tearing apart?

Is the area red and painful too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Red & tearing apart painful mainly when streched

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The scar tissue is tearing and it is red and painful

Is there any discharge from the area?

Vitamin E alone is unlikely to solve the problem. The scar tissue has to be reduced by taking steroid shots in the affected areas. This is a well known way of treating old scars.

The steroid will enter the scar tissues and dissolve the fibrous tissues and help to eliminate the scars. You can also use steroid ointments like betamethasone but is usually less effective than taking shots.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Bonuses would be appreciated.

Hello Helen,

How are you? I have answered your question. Do you have any more queries? If you do, I would be glad to help you. If you do not, please leave a positive feedback for me.
Take care,
Dr. Bora.