Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist
Experience:  Have suffered with Narcolepsy a sleeping disorder over 30 years,specializes in asthma ,COPD

About 3 days ago I noticed while taking a shower a burning

Customer Question

About 3 days ago I noticed while taking a shower a burning sensation on the outside of my virgina. I noticed that it was extremely red as well as little red bumps. The best description on the red bumps are what look like red little zits. The only relief I can get at this time is not wearing underwear and not leaving the house or just letting the water run on it during the shower without soaping that area. My urine is cloudy looking now but there is NO ODOR and NO DISCHARGE that is to be alarming to me. I have to admit I had unprotected sex 8 days prior. I also use baby wipes (unscented) every time I go the bathroom or on hot days I have a tendency to wipe myself threw out the day. I also where panti liners every single day because I do not like the feeling of any discharge on my underwear. I have changed soaps however went back to Ivory soap thinking that is what could have caused this irritation / burning I have going on. Can you help me please?
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 3 years ago.
Associated pain and burning sensation during urination?
Associated itching?
Are you taking any medicines?
Are such bumps painful?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

urinating pain level from 0-(lowest) - 10-(highest) = 4

itching = only if I wipe down there or I am being highly active it will activate the itching part..

I am currently on suboxone, Cymbalta, klonopin, these are my daily meds...I am NOT on antibiotics at this time.

bumps are a little painful if you touch..pain level to the touch would be a 5...

my main concern is the way it looks and feels during a shower. It burns like crazy when the soap from other areas hits that irritated area. After the shower it gets itchy like crazy.

I haven't showered in 24 hours because its almost relieved by not doing so...I understand its grose but its all moist down there at this time and it almost feels better like that..However I need to clean myself but I do not look forward to feeling those symptoms again...The shower activates these symptoms I feel more so than not...

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 3 years ago.

From what you describe this seems to be a case of vaginitis.
Vaginitis is the inflammation of the vagina.
It can be due to infections or non infectious causes.
Infectious causes include bacterial or fungal infection.
In such cases usually a high vaginal swab is taken and sent for microscopic and culture and sensitivity test.
Treatment may include

Warm sitz bath with KMNo4
Betadine vaginal suppository.

If culture is positive antibiotics may be prescribed as per the sensitivity report.
I hope this helps

Expert:  Karel1 replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest you see your gyn, you could have a fungal infection and need some nystatin a prescription cream. Why be in pain, also don't use any baby wipes. They still have scented ingredients and even some alcohol which can burn your skin more. You can try some vagisil which they sell otc but I definitely would see my gyn because if its a fungal infection which is common, it needs some type of antibiotic cream, and the burning can be excruciating. Also in the supermarket you can try some basic corn starch you can sprinkle on which can help a little, but no powders ,creams, or even scented kotex. Wearing no underwear is also a help for now but get to the gyn. You may also have a mild urinary tract infection, so get that checked too.