Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

Friday afternoon I started getting a slight tummy ache, later

Friday afternoon I started getting a slight tummy ache, later that evening after eating again I gradually started feeling pain throughout my right abdomin from top to bottom, the pain woke me up about every one to two hours that night and the next day, Saturday I was in massive pain in my whole right abdomin then I started feeling sharp pains in my lower right abdomin. By the evening on Saturday the pain dulled and and now it just hurts when I press hard on my lower right abdomin. Any thoughts on this? Oh the whole time I was nauseas, constipated, and in pain no mater what position I laid in or how still I was.
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 11 months ago.

medtech254 :

Hello! I will be assisting you today. How much water or fluids do you consume in a day? What kind of diet do you have? Any medications or other medical conditions?

Customer:

My pee is most of the time clear, I get pleanty of water. I recently took a pill for yeast infection (don't remember the name it

Customer:

s and oral pill that starts with an f)

Customer:

that was taken on Tuesday evening

medtech254 :

Medication for a yeast infection (fluconazole) can cause stomach upset as described. However, what you describe are classic symptoms of constipation. This is normally caused by not enough water (not other beverages) a day or a high fiber diet. You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day especially this time of the year.

Customer:

So I shouldn't worry about the lower right abdominal pain when pushed on?

medtech254 :

With the localized pain this could be a hard stool that put pressure on the intestinal wall.

medtech254 :

This would cause quite a bit of pain.

medtech254 :

With this moving along you should be fine as long as you keep your water intake high to help lubricate the area.

Customer:

I pooped twice since it started, wouldn't that fix it? I've been constipated before and it was nothing like this

medtech254 :

You can also use an over the counter stool softener.

medtech254 :

It is possible that there was stool below the area of hard stool. What can also happen is that the hard stool is not a complete blockage so softer stool pushes around the hard area causing pain and is eliminated normally.

medtech254 :

A stool softener (bisacodyl) will cause the body to soften the stool and the bowel to create more mucus to help the hard area slide down the tract and out.

medtech254 :

Make sure you drink plenty of water though since the medication creates the mucus and softening with lots of fluid.

medtech254 :

Was there a reason you rated poor service?

Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.