Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi. On Friday I opened my car door and smacked myself right

Hi. On Friday I opened my car door and smacked myself right in the head. I was not looking. The pain lasted about 5 minute, and then went away. About 10 minutes later, I felt a throbbing pain in my head. I iceed it, and spoke to a doctor. She said I was fine, because I had no suffered any memory loss and other symptoms concerning a concussion. Now, it is sunday night. I still have a throbbing pain that I feel in the back of my head, even though the front part was hit. I feel pressure all over, achyness and just not feeling great. Major headache as well. Am taking Motrin. Should I be worried.?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

No medical conditions. I have anxiety so I think it made everything worse. The only medication I am on is birth control and motrin for my head

Dr Brims :

Okay, do you have any blurry vision?

Customer:

nope

Dr Brims :

Any dizziness?

Customer:

today it just seemed hazy, but i think thats because of my anxiety and my head hurting

Customer:

no dizzyness

Customer:

just feeling sick, shaking, head hurting

Dr Brims :

Okay, then the pain is likely from a bruise, and it is likely to subside within 7 days

Dr Brims :

I don't think you have anything to worry about

Customer:

Is there anything else I can do to have the pain go away quicker

Customer:

i also feel some preassure in my sinus's

Dr Brims :

Motrin is the best option, if you have sinus pressure you may consider trying a decongestant

Dr Brims :

Sudafed is often helpful for sinus pressure

Customer:

So, you don't think I have anything to be worried about?

Dr Brims :

No, I don't think you have anything to worry about

Customer:

Ok, thank you!

Customer:

That makes me feel better

Customer:

just wish I didnt feel like garbage

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

I'm happy I could help

Customer:

Can I ask you something else?

Dr Brims :

If it is related to this same topic you may ask

Customer:

If its not?

Dr Brims :

If it is not you need to open another question, website rules require this

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thanks for your help!

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience