Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a lower left stomach pain ive had for 10 days. On a

I have a lower left stomach pain ive had for 10 days. On a scale of 1-10 it would be a 1. Had diarrhea once a day the first 2 days then it went away. I had the same thing with a fever of 100 about 6 weeks ago. The doctor said it was probably a virus Any ideas?
Hi--tell me all you can about the pain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The pain is only very mild. And seems to always be there. In the past week or so it has moved around but mostly on the lower left side
When it happened before did the doctor do any labs or get any tests?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They did bloodwork and said it was fine
Were you tender in the left lower abdominal quadrant then?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No then it was mostly around the navel area
OK--have you ever had a colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. First off this could just be a second bout of viral gastroenteritis but at this point I would get a colonoscopy and screen you for H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug which isn't saying necessarily you have an ulcer but it can cause symptoms like this. You may be having some mild bouts of diverticulitis--inflammation of a small pouch in the colon--and you'd need antibiotics for that. That said, this could also be irritable bowel syndrome but that should only be diagnosed once the other possibilities have been ruled out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also i might should tell you this. I am on a diet. I never eat fried food. The day before this happened i ate fried sausage. Fried squash for lunch. Then a fried pork chop for dinner. I also have alot of gas and stomach growling.
OK--that sounds as though you might well have an H pylori infection. I'd still do the full workup but if you screen positive for H pylori it only takes a course of antibiotics to eradicate that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Seems to be getting better. Still occasionally have loose stool after first meal of the day. Lots of stomach growling and gas. Seems to be better after lunch.
OK--so as yet you haven't seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I havent really thought it was that bad yet
OK--if it continues to get better than maybe it's just a long winded viral gastroenteritis. That said, unless it fully resolves by the end of the weekend I still think you should see a doctor about it