Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

For Dr.Chip: I have one last question. I saw the chiropractor

For Dr.Chip: I have one last question. I saw the chiropractor for the first time yesterday in regards XXXXX XXXXX floating rib syndrome i may have. He took x-rays on my front and side. I see him again on wednesday. If nothing shows up on that x-ray considering he took it of my middle/lower abdomen, will that be enough for peace of mind?
No problem with any questions you have but let's recap here--tell me all you can about the pain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The main pain is in my bottom left ribs. As i said earlier when my primary doc examned me it hurt when he pushed on my ribs. The pain is closest to my middle abdomen where the rib curves up. Sometimes i can feel it in my mid abdomen, down the left side of my abdomen/body and sometimes in my back. The chiro also examned me yesterday and said there there were some muscle spams going on on my back left rib cage as well. He said its normal with floating ribs and he also said this is a classic case of floating rib syndrome.

OK--does the pain ever radiate along the course of a rib either from the spine to the front or from the front to the spine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant describe it. Sometimes it feels like it wrap all the around around. Sometimes i feel like the pain shoots up into my chest and under my arm pit. Thats another reason why i was worried about pancreatic cancer, cause i can sometime feel the pain in my mid abdomen, but not often and never on the right side, but we already discussed that.

And where exactly was the tenderness when you were examined?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lower left ribs, right next to my mid abdomen. When he pushed on my ribs, i felt pain.

OK--first off no x-ray would ever be able to evaluate your pancreas. That said, I would also get an MRI of your thoracic spine since you might have a disk problem there that's causing some of this pain. If it is a rib problem, we're talking about a pinched intercostal nerve and that's nothing serious and it can be resolved with proper therapy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but having this sort of problem could cause pain to shoot into my mid abdomen, left side, chest, back etc?

Yes--especially the combination of a pinched intercostal nerve and a thoracic disk problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have helped me a great deal today. Thank You.

My pleasure entirely, Mike but let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you again