Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

What do I do post celiac attack feeling lousy had terrible

What do I do post celiac attack feeling lousy had terrible diarrehea and feeling like junk!!!
Hi--please tell me more about this? I assume you've been diagnosed with celiac disorder? What are all your symptoms and did you by chance eat something containing gluten?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I accidentally ate something with some gluten in it. I do have Celiac disease. My intestines are feeling really bad.

OK--when did this start and if you're having abdominal pain can you tell me about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it started this morning and i am going very frequently and i am crampy and feeling really bloated.

OK--have you tried anything like PeptoBismol?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cannot take pepto bismal the medicine in it makes me really ill as well, i also have crohn's disease.

OK--is your Chrohn's in remission?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it flares up from time to time but however i have a mild case, Is drinking peppermint tea okay as an alternative? I am feeling very dehydrated as well.

OK--the Peppermint Tea is fine. You of course need plenty of fluids that contain electrolytes and probiotics can help--especially Kevita. Also, cooked apples are very useful to stem the attack
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much, also a lot of undigested food came out violently and i also threw up as well. i guess i just have to just heal up. Stupid gluten allergies. I will rest as well. Thank you for your help.

My pleasure and I understand your frustration about the gluten intolerance Ingrid. Please keep me posted as to how you do and remember to rate my service to you