Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

Last night my blood pressure was 212/109. Then realized that

Last night my blood pressure was 212/109. Then realized that I had not taken my blood pressure medicine. Took it about 11:00 p.m.

This morning after taking the morning blood pressure med. I brook out in a sweat, got week and dizzy. My blood pressure after that spell passed 111/56. Have a breathing problem which has not as yet been diagnosed.
My pulse was 77. It is usually in high 50's - low 60's.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long are you taking this blood pressure medication?
Can you name the medication you took?
Do you have dizziness or chest pain or any other symptom now?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clonidine about 5 years. No symptoms now. I am known to be a shallow breather. Think whatever it was has passed.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Your blood pressure of 212/109 mm was very high last night & you took the anti hypertensive medication at 11 pm.

Again in the morning you took the medication.This caused the overdosage of anti hypertensive medication & hence your blood pressure fall to 111/56 mm.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your blood pressure of 56 mm was below normal & hence the symptoms like sweating,weakness,dizziness occured.

Your pulse rate is within normal range.A normal pulse rate for a healthy adult, while resting, can range from 60 to 100 beats per minute.Average pulse rate is 72 beats per minute.

You need to keep a close watch on your blood pressure & call your doctor.The further dosage of clonidine is to be taken after talking to your doctor.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert