Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

For about a year and a half I have been getting ocular migraines.

For about a year and a half I have been getting ocular migraines. I have had about 4. At which point do I need to get brain scans etc...?

Thanks
Hi--can you tell me about these and have you never had any studies so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They seem to be typical. Flashing lights in either one or both eyes, difficulty seeing followed by a headache. After the 1st one I has an MRI (I think) and since then I have done nothing.

OK--and you've only had four of these? How long do they last?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 10-25 minutes of lights and then a few hours of headache. The headache is not intense as many people experience. They usually follow stress. I have had about 4...no more than 5.

OK--you mentioned brain scans, etc above--was there something specific you were thinking about there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I just want to know if I need to make an appointment with my GP or it is still in the acceptable range of frequency.

Still in the acceptable range since some people can have these two or three times a week. Only if the symptoms changed as in the headache being much worse or your developing a balance problem would I consider another MRI.