Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

My stool continues to be inconsistent. Yesterday, i had two

My stool continues to be inconsistent. Yesterday, i had two bowel movements. They both were in normal pieces, an a nice brown color. This morning i went and they were a light yellow, but in pieces. My anxiety is through the roof and i think im very sick.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Do you have pain or any other symptom?

Do you feel nausea, vomiting?

How is your diet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I had pain in my upper left ribs. I have a exam on Wednesday. My primary doctor felt on my stomach and all upper abdomen and i had no pain, however when he pushed on my ribs i was in alot of pain. He said it seemed like i have floating rib syndrome. My stools have been changing almost stool to stool over the last few weeks. Sometimes brown, dark brown, light brown, tan, stool with mucus. Yesterday everything looked normal, today this happened. I have gone a carb free diet and yesterday had some fried foods for the first time in awhile.

Did you discuss the changes with your primary doctor?

Did he suggest any test?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did. He said that this was normal by how much bile i could be producing. I had blood tests in Aug 2012 on my liver and pancreas and same tests repeated in March 2013. Both times everything came back normal. Ive just scared that i have cancer of the pancreas. Ive done my research and i know this can happen, but im not having any other symptoms. I also know cancer of the pancreas in a 25 year old is nearly impossible, but i cant relax. Im terrified.

Thank you Mike, for all the information,

Change of stool can occur with change of diet.

Irritable bowel syndrome can cause it.

This can be associated with stress, anxiety.

As your stool was normal yesterday & you do not have any other symptom, I would advise not to worry.

Doctor has examined you & did not find any mass/ lump.

Blood tests were also normal.

I would suggest not to worry about pancreatic cancer as you are already aware that it is rare in your age,

If you did not have an ultrasound examination of abdomen, you can discuss with your doctor to have one.

This would help to eliminate your fear.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even with the stool color almost changing stool to stool. That is also normal?

Yes, the color can change from one motion to other.

It would not remain fixed, changing with diet, fluid intake, frequency & others.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. So i should stop worrying then?

You should stop worrying.