Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Dear Doctor Anil Kumar: I got results that I have rheumatoid

Dear Doctor Anil Kumar:
I got results that I have rheumatoid arthritis. Every day I should take PREDNISONE 5mg 4 tablets. What do you think about special diet? Should I do any type of exercise?
Thank you:)

Hello and welcome, Justyna.

Dr. Anil is not on line. If you wish I can answer you. You may also wait for him.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr. Phophalia,

Thank you for your quick answer. I do not know what do you want to know more about my sickness.

On July27 I was in Emergency Room. My diagnoses are: pain- Joint, knee left and swelling- joint, knee, left.

After my visit in Emergency room I went to the Rheumatoid doctor. He send me to test blood and after 2 weeks his diagnosis was rheumatoid arthritis.

You are very welcome, Justyna.

Rheumatoid is treated by comprehensive measures as following;

1) Medications which you have started.

2) Occupational therapy; Therapists teach using joints and tendons efficiently without stressing these structures.

3) Exercises and physical therapy; it is used to treat joints in preparation for range of motion exercises (ROM), stretching, and muscle-strengthening exercises.

4) Diet; below is the guideline. You are the best judge though. Do not eat those items which aggravate your symptoms.

5) Deep electrotherapy; Application of heat, either superficial or deep, is an effective modality for the relief of joint pain and stiffness caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis. Heat may be administered via moist hot packs, electric mittens, hot shower, spas, therapeutic ultrasonography (termed iontophoresis / phonophoresis), short wave diathermy, or paraffin.These are available at physical therapy centers.

6) Avoiding stress.

You may eat rot meat and sea food occasionally. Eat lesser red meats and more lean meats, cold-water fish, tofu or beans which will take care of your protein requirements. Drinking about 6 glasses of water per day is advised. Also avoid following (if you do);

1) white breads, pastas, and sugar.
2) trans-fatty acids, like cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
3) caffeine and other stimulants, alcohol, and tobacco.

Following supplements are helpful;

1) Gamma linolenic acid
2) Vitamin E
3) Omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish oil.

Ginger, green tea and turmeric are the herbs which suppose to help in rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.