Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi Doctor, I have been having burning and kind of a feverish

Hi Doctor,
I have been having burning and kind of a feverish feeling in my right side. Pretty low I think it is my ovary I have a cyst on it.
Taking a Celebrex helps some but I can still tell its there. I am having a pelvic ultra sound on Tuesday. I'd the anything else I can do to help the inflammation ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 months ago.
Feverish feeling? Why the ultrasound?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because the cyst size hasn't been checked since 2010 and it was a 3cm back then. I asked my new MD if she could check my ovaries to see if it has gotten larger. Is that the wrong test doctor?
No, not the wrong test for that but I was thinking maybe it was being done because of your symptoms. I'm just not sure what you mean by a feverish feeling
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My left side feels hot inside and like there could be an infection.
It feels like the ovary. I have had pain there before and it has been so severe at times I just grab my side. But I think the Celebrex has helped keep the pain away its very mild. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now.
Does it hurt to press in there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't press real hard but I pressed all over and no pain.
Something weird happened yesterday. Yesterday I ha d a consultation with the physical therapist for my BPV and he did some eye test and my eyes were skipping some and I felt really weird afterwards. I went to dinner and felt really really tired all of a sudden went home fell asleep on my bed with my street clothes on again just like 3 years ago when I past out 3 times in the middle of the night. Anyways I woke up maybe two hours later the TV was still on and I noticed when I looked at the TV my eyes were blurry I waited a few minutes got up and had a really good soft bowel movement took a shower went to bed and tried to sleep and kept waking up like every two hours looking at the clock. Also I noticed my left side periodically gives me a little pain and somewhat feels a little warm as well.
That's a lot for me to deal with all at once. So you want do know what more than the Celebrex you can use for the feverish abdominal feeling?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes. Could my ovaries have an infection? If so what could cause that?
No--I don't think this is an infection although the cyst could be leaking and causing the pain. For now I suggest you use a hot water bottle or a heating pad since the Celebrex is all you can take right now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would a flexeril help? What can they do for the cyst?
Yes that would help and they may need to drain it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do they ever remove the cyst! And if so do they come back? What causes these cyst? Can the leaking make me sick? Have you ever heard of Indian Summer tart cherry juice? It is full of antioxidants and helps with inflammation. I was wondering if this could help some?
Sorry-- was off. The cherry juice is fine but tell me more about the cyst--why have they just been watching it and what have they told you about it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The only thing I have been told about it is if I start having any problems with it let them know. Because it might go away on its own. That is all my gynecologist has ever said about it. I asked my newcMD for another ultra sound because it's bothering me. I think it's the cyst bothering me. I notice that both sides hurt once in a while.
Well, if a cyst starts to leak it can cause pain and if that gets to be significant they can either remover the cyst or the ovary with laparoscopic surgery. As to what causes them, there's not one specific cause.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can the leaking make me sick ? Could this cyst made me past out in 2010 or make me dizzy?
The leaking can cause abdominal pain, cramping, and possibly a fever but, no, it wouldn't have been related to your passing out or to your dizziness
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you have a great sabbath I need to get ready for Church.
My pleasure again dear. Remember to rate my answers and you have a great sabhath and a fantastic Labor Day
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Doctor,

Today the nurse called with all of my results. She my mammogram was good, my bone density shows ostopenia, my pelvic ultra sound shows a small cyst. So I am wondering what is causing this warm feeling and sometimes pain on my right side and sometimes my left?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 months ago.
Hi--I am just about to go to bed so let me get back to you tomorrow dear
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok

I'll come back to this page in the morning
Hi--I'm back so let me know when you're on
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Doctor,

I have been out of town all day and just returned home. Did you read all of the reports I gave you?

Could it have been my bowels causing stomach pain and fever on the right side and sometimes left as well?

Yes I read what you said and all that sounds fine except for the osteopenia which needs to be treated with extra calcium and vitamin D. Tell me again about the warm feeling and pain?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Doctor, I am taking 10,000 IU a day now and no one said anything about calcium how much should I take? I have had osteopenia for about 3 years now. I was told that I get kidney stones made of calcium oxalate. Can I still take calcium! And how much should I take? Because I do not drink milk or get much dairy products other then cheese. I think the stomach pain could be caused from Bowles I ate some shrimp and I think it constipated me and I flushed out yesterday and I notice the pain left. Although it was a little warm still on the right side but not much. Also I have very low back aches again and I have already been checked for stones I don't have any.
I'd suggest 600 mg of calcium per day but you need to discuss that with your doctor. Again the stomach problem sounds like irritable bowel syndrome and that isn't anything really serious. We need to close this page now, dear--it's several days old and long
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice