Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have what feels like cramps

Customer Question

I have what feels like cramps
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Different from your usual cramping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its lower abdominal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's not what I asked since you've had cramping down there, too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont really know if its different
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any back pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, since you already have a cramping problem it would be hard to tell if the cramps are from a threatened miscarriage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So just wait and see what happens
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's really all you can do--even if it was a threatened miscarriage, there isn't anything to do about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do know ill be devastated if i miscarry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, for now it's wait and see. Even if you get over this and it isn't anything like a miscarriage, you're going to worry about the possibility probably every day for weeks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does every pregnant person worry this much
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Of course not, although anyone that had some bleeding and cramping would normally worry about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got to go to bed im tired
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--get back to me in the morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you agree with my dad figure that i ama whore
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, not at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Promise? I really am going to bed now.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'll never lie to you--you aren't a whore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i was miscarrying would i bleed more? And are you sure being tachycardic wont hurt a fetus
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes you would bleed more and the tachycardia won't hurt the fetus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont feel good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just got on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im having brownish discharge when i wipe
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let's get off the possible miscarriage thing--actually if it's only brown that isn't likely a warning sign but there's really nothing more for us to say about it right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i got checked out what would they do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Really nothing. They could check you HCG level but you're too early on to have that be significant one way or the other
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if my progesterone level is low
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Seriously--let's get off the subject. This is one reason you have such a worrying problem--you just want to talk on and on about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just answer my question. Im scared
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It wouldn't be significant as to whether you're having a miscarriage. Listen, I can't help if if your scared--there's nothing more to say about this for now. Please just change the subject
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think you are being very understanding
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes I am--there isn't anything more to say about this for now and it won't help you at all for us to go on and on about it. It doesn't help to keep dwelling on a what if when there's absolutely nothing we can do about it right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I talked to the triage RN and she told me to get checked out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That would be standard advice over the phone. I don't like pulling rank on you here, but unless you change the subject, I'll have to opt out and let another expert talk to you about this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill talk to you later
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bp is 130/80
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's fine even if it's higher than your usual pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think its because they told me to stop the atenolol cold turkey
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not a great idea but unless your BP gets up above the 140's/90's no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you say so
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let's not waste space with one liners like that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This dr is just dumb. He said i need to see a gynecologist. Well, duh but its saturday on labor day weekend we live in the middle of no where and theres not a gynecologist working today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We're back to the same subject again and I asked you not to go there. Right now there isn't anything a GYN can do about this. Of course any doctor or triage nurse is going to tell you over the phone to get checked out--that's a standard line to cover their backside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im actually at the clinic seeing a dr. And thats his words of advice.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So why didn't you tell me that in the first place instead of keeping me in the dark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well when i told u wht the triage line told me to do then told you my bp i figured you would have figured tht i wAs at the dr. They found an ob who will see me today. Do you think i should see them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Triage nurses also triage over the phone. See the OB if only to see if you can get some peace of mind about this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im on my way Ill let you know what i find out. Marty said if i miscarriage its because i drank. Thanks for not getting angry at me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Get back to me later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He says ill definantly need a shot of rhogam
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You're rH negative I assume. Then Marty must be positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He just said since im O- then ill get it. Marty doesnt know his blood type
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--but let's stop the subject with just your telling me what he said about the bleeding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said to come back on Tuesday to have my hcg level redrawn to see if it doubles
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did he think it was a potential miscarriage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said its too early to tell anything
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
True as we've already told you. Ok Enough of this subject
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me so, i get it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then no more one liners like that please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a game plan in how im going to get better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Game plan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to have a plan on how im going to get better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You just repeated yourself. I'm not at all sure what you're talking about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me exactly what i need to do to get better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's way to broad a question. Get better how?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Get rid if my depression, anxiety a d low self esteem
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I gave you some more modules that I suppose you haven't had time to work on as yet. Other than that you need therapy, you need to get rid of Marty, you need to spend as little time with your family other than your sisters for now and you need to develop some friends you can spend time with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you think i dont have friends
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well except for ones you've mentioned that I think live elsewhere you haven't mentioned anyone in town except maybe your coworkers. And friends that you haven't talked with or spent time with don't count
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats not what i meant. Why do you suppose i have a hard time making friends
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't supposing anything but it seems over the last several months when you could have made use of friends you didn't so I didn't know. Let's not quibble--you asked for a game plan and I gave you one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You dont get what im saying. I have a hard time making friends why?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So tell me about a friend you either do have or have had
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you want to know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just how you became friends and if the person isn't "a friend" any more why not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just woke up again. I have a friend named Bridget. We became friends when her famjly moved to my town in 5th grade. Kids in my class made fun of her from crying om the first day of school. I did not. And we just became friends. And we are still friends
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And where is she now and when did you last see her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives 10 miles from me. I last saw her probably a month ago
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you two talk about and do you ever talk about Marty and your trying to get pregnant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just talk About everything. No we never talked about me and marty trying to have a baby
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then you really don't talk about everything. Does she know how hard it's been on you these past few months and the drinking and the medication thing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. But she drinks a lot everynight. So i dont think shed say anything about me drinking.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not fishing for anything here but why exactly do you call her a friend?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Becasue i know i can call on her when i need her. And even if we dont talk for months the next time we talk its like we just talked yesterday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So why haven't you called her recently--there's certainly a lot for you to talk to her about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because shes so immature
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I didn't understand that at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shes immature. She acts like shes 12 sometimes and it makes me mad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well let's stop this part with this--even if you consider her a friend you certainly haven't taken advantage of the friendship in a meaningful way lately
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Wasn't asking for an apology--just making a statement. Get back to me in about two hours--I have to go out til then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you try to easy my anxiety
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anxiety?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In all honesty do you think im miscarrying
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I told you before no I don't think you are but nothing right now is going to ease your anxiety about it and we've gone back to old news here. I gave you a bit of a game plan like you asked so if you need to we can talk about that some more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i get rid of marty? How do i justify staying away from my family
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We've talked about Marty for some time--you ask him to leave and leave you alone for now and if he won't you get a restraining order from him. You don't have to justify anything with your family--at the most all you need to do is tell them you have a lot of work to do on many things and you just can't be with them except when it's absolutely necessary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how my family will take that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't matter. We're talking about what you need to do for yourself and it's time you put yourself first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do i tell my therapist on the 11th?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you think you need to tell him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think i need to tell him he cant allow me to not work on things. That now that im pregnant i need to work really hard on getting better mentally
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Very good idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else do i need to say to him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That you need to work on all the sexual abuse and get rid of all the damage and resentment. That you need to work on your self esteem. That you need to do everything I mentioned in the game plan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i tell you something
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i saw my therapist last time he told me he thought the drinkin and the increase of depression was related to shAring sexual abuse stuff. And that im probably not ready to share yet
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
He's wrong--you are ready. Maybe he just isn't sure how to deal with it but you are ready and you shouldn't let him talk you out of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hes a psychologist how can he not know how to deal with you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't know but maybe he just thinks you're too fragile which you aren't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would he think that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't know--maybe you should ask him. Anyway, I have to get to bed soon so let's bring this page to a close--anything else for now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why you going to bed so early. Do you promise to be here for me, even though sometime i can be frustrating. How sure are you that you dont think im miscarrying.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I was up at 5 AM this morning and have to be up at the same time tomorrow--have some volunteer work to do out of town. I've always been here haven't I, so yes, I'll be there. And again I don't think you're miscarrying--just doesn't sound like it to me
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hes at thd fricken bar again. My mom figure says i cant kick marty out because its not fair to the baby. She said i should have thought about it before i opened my legs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have a good day volenteering
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Almost done--have a couple of more hours to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will u let me know when yiur done
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Get back to me in about two hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im frustrated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You know very well that that doesn't let me say anything worthwhile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im frustrated that i have no support from my family
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's been the case from what you've told me for a very long time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But i really need their support right now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Support how exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need them to tell me i can do this instead of telling me im a whore. And they need to get on the same page as me regarding getting rid of marty
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So everyone in your family is taking that position right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Except my sisters yes. Im sick of bein told im a whore and that my child is goin to be a bastard
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'd get sick of that too but there really isn't anything you can do to stop their behavior and those kinds of comments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But im not a whore i just made a bad decision
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So we're back to your believing what they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its really hard to not believe it when you are told by multiple people multiple times a day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why exactly do you think they need to keep repeating it over and over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that they keep sayinv it so i know how disappointed they are in me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, these people sound downright cruel if you ask me. And I personally think they need to get a life instead of getting their jollies out of trying to make someone else feel bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we need to close the page
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Would be a good idea--it's gotten very long.