Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

If you have an appendix stone that was discovered in a CT scan

If you have an appendix stone that was discovered in a CT scan due to horrible pain, chills, hot flashes, fever and nausea. Do you have to have your appendix removed?

medtech254 :

Hello! I will assist you today. Since there is a stone present in the ct the appendix will need to be removed to prevent future irritation and discomfort. As I'm sure you know the appendix serves no purpose to modern humans and so there are no health issues with not having it. If the stone is left and the appendix is not removed the irritation can persist and progress. You also run a high risk of infection and other complications if it is not removed.