NURSE KAREN
NURSE KAREN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  REGISTERED NURSE WITH MANY AREAS OF CLINICAL EXPERTISE
67785362

I have had an irritation on my shaft for a few months

I have had an irritation on my penis shaft for a few months now that won't go away. It started as some abnormally stretched out skin on the underside of my penis shaft just below the head. Now the underside is red and wrinkly and bumpy from the head down to about halfway. I also get some areas of very stretched out skin where I am not used to seeing them and every now and then it get an itch. Cortisone 10 helps with the itch when applied morning and night but has not improved the situation. When I get an errection I have some discomfort in the red area and afterwords I get some breaks in the skin from being stretched. Before this year I had perfectly healthy skin down there.
ALL INFORMATION IS GIVEN FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE UNDERSTAND NO ONE CAN DIAGNOSE OR TREAT A MEDICAL CONDITION ONLINE.
************************************************************************
HI. THANKS FOR QUESTION. It sounds as if you have either a bacterial or fungal infection. Did you have sexual contact with anyone new prior to this happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, hadn't had sex for a few months prior.

Most likely fungal. The best thing to do would be see a doctor and get a definitive diagnosis, however, if you can not do that you may want to try an over-the-counter treatment such as Monistat cream. Apply it to the penis, preferably just before bed, for up to 12-14 days (or 5 days after symptoms disappear). If further irritation occurs discontinue use and see a doctor. Avoid having sex until symptoms are clear for about 7 days. Try to avoid eating a diet high in sugar and carbs. Eating yogurt may be beneficial. Wear loose fitting, cotton underwear, make sure to dry the penis well after showering.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Hope things are working out for you. Let me know if I can help you in the future!!

THANK YOU,
NURSE KAREN