Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Panic attacks Ive been having panic attacks on and off

Panic attacks

I've been having panic attacks on and off for several years. I can go a long time without one, but recently I had another one now I am scared if I have another one and they are very that I had one again I cannot seem to shake it from my would be the utmost embarrassing if it happens again and the fear is at my I avoid any situation that might trigger it again...I feel like I am going crazy, I need help, but I need it right now, I have to shake it. My job relies on me in this.
Hi--can you describe these attacks in full for me first?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. I am a casino dealer. I've been on my new job for almost a year now and haven't had any attacks. But lately they see that I wm an excellent dealer and they now want to put me on higher stake games, because I have done sowell with the few I have been on. For some reason this is ovoverwhelming to me, it shouldn't be but I feel paranoid. I get the jitters everytime I think about it because recently I had asked to go to the resroom when I was on a game so I could escape. It hits me right away the nerves immediately run through my body and I begin to shake.

And how long does it last? And you've only had this one in quite some time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It lasts for as long as i'm on the game, and then when I am removed it still lingers for about an hour or so. I guess you could say that I have had small ones but was able to gain control of them.

OK. Are you asking what you might be able to do for this without seeing a doctor about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. Yes.

OK--for now you can try St. John's wort and valerian and I'd suggest you see a hypnotherapist or an acupuncturist for treatment. There are prescription medications like Celexa, klonipin, and Wellbutrin that would help but you'd have to see a doctor for those.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are the prescriptions narcotics?

No--not at all and they aren't habit forming or addictive.