wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience

Please donot respond if you cant think of something that would

Please donot respond if you can't think of something that would work.

My son was playing volley ball and got a dislocated toe. The guy at the gym offered to pull it for him. I politely declined and decided to take him to the nearest hospital that was out of my network. They conducted couple X-rays and decided to pull it for him just what the gym guy was going to do. The hospital bill was $2,458, Radiology $34, ER Physician $733.
My insurance got the hospital to settle for $1,868 and the ER physician for $530. However, my insurance funds were exhaused at $2,000. So, I still owe the ER physician about $400.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to avoid paying the $400. I don't want to ruin my credit. I was going to call the hospital and ask to send some of the money that my insurance paid them to the ER Physician.

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Have you discussed this with the billing department at the hospital?

Do you qualify for medicaid or State health assistance?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I did not discuss it with the hospital yet. The hospital bill was fully paid.

I donot qualify for medicaid or state health assisstance.

My reply was eaten by the Gremlins in the internet. Let me retype it.

That is the first thing I would try. They might discount it or remove it.

If not, then request a detailed bill and go over it with a fine tooth comb. You should easily find areas of over billing, wrong billing, double billing etc. Every hospital does this now-a-days.

If that doesn't work you may just have to pay it -- or file bankruptcy, which would be massive overkill....

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS