Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

What does Pentasa do

What does Pentasa do
What happened with the other page--it was closed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, this is a different account I noticed your conversation with Dr. Owen. Pentasa is an controlled released antiinflammatory related to aspirin specifically for Crohn's and ulcerative colitis
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does it work? I so fricken scared
Yes, but you need to let your GYN know your on it because it's category C as regards XXXXX XXXXX that means that it shouldn't be prescribed for a pregnant woman unless it's absolutely necessary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He knows. He told me to take it. The gi dr said its ok to take when pregnant
What did you think about what Dr Owen said?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He didnt alleviate my fears
Well nothing will right now. But what about what he said about the ativan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know i cant take ANY. Why was i so dumb and get knocked up
I really can't say but I told you in so many ways it wasn't a good idea right now. And I agree with Dr Owen that your GYN seems not to have considered all your physical problems and your medications when he prescribed the Clomid and said it was a good idea for you to get pregnant
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do i do
Well for now you just see how it goes but you need to be off the ativan as soon as possible so you need either to talk to your NP or your psychiatrist about the wean. And absolutely no more alcohol
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im just going to stop it. Havent taken it all today. And no morealcohol
Not a good idea just to stop it--told you about that already.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont want everyone in tge clinic to know im pregnant. So i cant talk to my NP and my psychiatrist is gone til the 3rd
Why don't you want them to know? And it's up to you but if nothing else you could tell the NP that since you are trying to get pregnant you want to wean off it as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cuz i dont want anyone to know until im further along
OK--what else for now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would you do if you were me about this whole situation?
I'd just wait it out, assume (if it were me) that there's little reason for worry, stop the ativan and the alcohol.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont know that i can handle being pregnant. My eating still isnt the best
Well, let me ask you this--did you never think about anything I said about the physical reasons why you shouldn't get pregnant?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did. But i figured id be fine. But im not and im terrified
Well, no, I knew you wouldn't be fine and that getting pregnant would never suddenly take care of all your problems. That's why I couldn't understand both your therapist and your GYN thinking it would be a good idea
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is going to be really hard isnt it
In more ways than you realize right now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How so? Be totally honest.
You ought to be able to figure out on your own, but OK. You're probably going to worry every day until you deliver a healthy child. You'll have to stop and/or change some of your meds. You'll have to either get rid of Marty or put up with him while you don't feel great for the next several months. You'll have to eat properly and fight your urge to purge and starve yourself. You'll still have the teens to take care of. You'll probably have little or no support from your family. If you really throw yourself into it, you'll have to have intense therapy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im so overwhelmed by this. And its only been oneday. What if i cant do this
Can't do it? What exactly do you mean by that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont know that i can handle all the stress and anxietyof bein pregnant
So what option do you have? I can think of only one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whch is
You well know what I'm talking about so don't play dumb
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you really think that would be a good option?
I didn't say that--just saying you either go through the pregnancy or you terminate it. I can't think of any other option.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you recommend
That has to be entirely up to you, your GYN, the NP, and your therapists--I can't make that decision for you. For now, at least, you need to let this settle in for a few days
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why cant i just be happy about it?
I'd say because you have multiple reasons not to be happy about it but for some reason--maybe just a hope you had that wouldn't die--I couldn't get through to you how it wasn't going to be a cure all for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you disappointed in me?
No, not at all
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Today really hasnt been the best day. Find out i have Crohns and am pregnant
Well at least you have an answer to the question about your gut that you were looking for. I have to get off soon so anything else to talk about for now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. But promise me your not mad and that youll help me get through this all
Not mad, and I won't ever say something like I told you so. I know how much you've suffered this last year and I fully understand why you thought a pregnancy would be a blessing for you. I'll do my best to help you out but for now we need to close this page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I honestly didnt think a positive test would cause this much stress and anxiety. I should have listened to you but i didnt. Instead i screwed up big time
Just let it settle in over the next few days and we'll talk more about it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you promise your no disappointed in me? Will this ruin my life
Not disappointed and I don't think it'll ruin your life but it certainly isn't going to make it any easier for you for a while
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good night
Try to get some sleep
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cant sleep. Got too much on my mind
Get back to me in three hours on a new page