Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

What are the treatment options for my scoliosis. My orthopedic

What are the treatment options for my scoliosis. My orthopedic doctor opted not to do any follow up x rays since my last set last year. Now I was recently diagnosed with asthma and found out from chest x rays and a pft my scoliosis is keeping my right lung from inflating all the way. I was last measured between 35-37 degrees. They say surgery is the worst thing I can do. I have done physical therapy and epidural Injections over a year now. I am concerned because I depend on an inhaler which doesn't do much in the way of shortness of breath help. I walk around a big campus going to class's being winded and tired easily doesn't help. My doctor never did bracing at all. Any suggestions ideas thoughts are greatly welcomed.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

If surgery is not an option for you, what treatment have your doctor's suggested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That's just it. I don't know if surgery is not an option or if it is. They won't tell me why it Wouldn't be. They keep telling me it's pt or more injections. But it's at the point it's affecting my lungs and I have no idea what do. I need options.
According to standard therapy protocol, with a spinal curvature of >40 degree, surgery is the only option for therapy.

Your spinal curvature is sightly less than that but as you have already tried Pt and injections without much benefit, surgery is a likely option for you. However, i would like you to consult a spine specialist for this who would provide the best option for you after detailed clinical and imaging studies.

Bracing is no longer an option for you as its done before puberty when the skeleton is still growing.

Here is a spine center in India where you could make contact.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Bonuses would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would the fact the curve is affecting my lungs make the surgery harder?
I do not think so, it will relieve the pressure on the lungs and help you with the asthma.