Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am 42 years old. I have rash over my penis and anus hole.

I am 42 years old. I have rash over my penis and anus hole. Sometimes the head of my penis swells and grows little bigger. The tip of penis grows red. sometimes the inside of penis also itches my urine burns a little. I showed it to my doctor she tested my blood and urine and said that the result is normal. She gave me cream clotrimazole to apply. I finished three 30gm cream but not recovered yet. If I don't use cream one day the rash comes back again. It is killing me please help me
Hi--how long after you started using the cream did the rash disappear
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As soon as I start using this cream the rash disappears but If I don't use it for one day it appears again . My doctor says I should not use that cream for long time . I am also suffering from constipation since a long time for that my doctor has given me fiber smooth powder.

OK--what exactly does the rash look like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The rash starts from anus . It spreads over the testis and finally over the penis. The tip of the penis grows red and swells a little and smells bad. itches like ant bite frequently

But is it like a patch of small red spots or is it more of a complete red patch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can see small red spots on the tip of my penis

OK. One of two things here--either a candidal--yeast--infection that is just resistant to the cream, or an inflammatory eczema. I'd give you a three day course of Diflucan and if that cleared it up, that would be that for the yeast. If the Diflucan didn't help, I'd switch to prescription strength cortisone cream and also give you a two week course of oral prednisone for the exzema. Discuss this with your doctor or have a dermatologist take a look at the problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you