Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hello, I have a smallish skin colored lump on the inside of

Hello, I have a smallish skin colored lump on the inside of my right butt cheek. It hurts a little but is itchy more than anything. It's only been there a couple of days but I wanted to get some answers before it gets worse or anything bad happens. There has been no bleeding at all no redness or anything like that.
Hi. How close is this to your anus? Just a bump in the skin and otherwise normal looking?
Just use reply to respond
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is very close to the anus if not right on it. But from what I can tell it is a lump in the skin. There is no discoloration. It almost looks like a really bubbled up blister.
OK--sounds like what's called an exterior hemorrhoid and nothing serious. You can try rubbing some cortisone cream or Preparation H on it three times a day for a few days and that should take care of it. If it starts to get painful or act like it's getting inflamed, you'll need to see a doctor to see if it needs to be lanced to get the clotted blood out.