How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29436
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have a smallish skin colored lump on the inside of

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have a smallish skin colored lump on the inside of my right butt cheek. It hurts a little but is itchy more than anything. It's only been there a couple of days but I wanted to get some answers before it gets worse or anything bad happens. There has been no bleeding at all no redness or anything like that.
Hi. How close is this to your anus? Just a bump in the skin and otherwise normal looking?
Just use reply to respond
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is very close to the anus if not right on it. But from what I can tell it is a lump in the skin. There is no discoloration. It almost looks like a really bubbled up blister.
OK--sounds like what's called an exterior hemorrhoid and nothing serious. You can try rubbing some cortisone cream or Preparation H on it three times a day for a few days and that should take care of it. If it starts to get painful or act like it's getting inflamed, you'll need to see a doctor to see if it needs to be lanced to get the clotted blood out.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you