Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My daughter was playing volleyball yesterday and hurt her shoulder,

My daughter was playing volleyball yesterday and hurt her shoulder, she has auditions for a play tomorrow for the lead and her shoulder is hurting when she tries to lift her arm above her head. What should she do?
Hi--how exactly did she hurt the shoulder and is there any cracking or popping when she moves it? And what is the problem with this as regards XXXXX XXXXX tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No cracking or popping, just hurts when she raises her hand. And in the audition she needs to use her arms.

But how exactly did she injury it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was playing volleyball and she does not recall when it happened during the game, she just started feeling the pain afterward,

OK--I needed to know that to see how significant the problem would be. In that case she probably just has a sprain of the shoulder and she needs to keep moving it for now but she should refrain from any heavy lifting with the arm for a few days. As for the pain itself, she can take some ibuprofen and apply capsaicin cream or IcyHot three times a day.