Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I was never allergic to anything. Now almost 29 years old I

I was never allergic to anything. Now almost 29 years old I couldn't sleep for 2 nights now. I cant stop scratching myself at night, neck, back, legs. It stop after an hour where I have scratched everywhere and little bumps have built up. I do sleep with my dogs and bed sometimes has dog hair on it but would that be the case or what I eat? I just bought benadryl to see if this helps for the night.

Hi--before you were scratching yourself was there any redness or rash present? What do the little bumps look like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. no redness or rash before. bumps are very small as grow out of my skin only when i scratch the itchy areas. they sort of look like this:

without so much of the redness

i really have to scratch the areas as they provide me with relieve and I cannot stop until everything is scratched. I put alcohol now and it burns a lot but provided me with immediate relieve. Also the areas where I scratch is very hot and i can feel it been very hot inside my body only on those areas i had scratched.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

looks like this too

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it disappears the following day

OK--and this just started happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

started thursday night. everytime i go to sleep 30mins after im on the bed its a nonstop itchyness.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so friday night same and now i lay down on bed to take a nap. wake up and its itching!

OK. This is called dermographism. It's a special type of allergic reaction that doesn't produce the usual hives. While sometimes there can be obvious triggers like new soaps, detergents, etc, most often no real cause is found and it may persist or stop suddenly. Benadryl and things like Claritin or Zyrtec will help for now. You do need to see your doctor about it though, because on occasion it can be a sign of an autoimmune disorder like lupus, so I would do an autoimmune blood screen for that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. , what would the autoimmune blood screen do? what I get out of it and where could I do it, do I need doctors note for it?

Well, again, I don't think this likely means lupus but I would get an antinuclear antibody titer, a rheumatoid factor titer, a sed rate, and a C reactive protein level to check. You'd need a doctor's order for it.