Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

had watery diarrhea 11 times the first day , 6 times the second

had watery diarrhea 11 times the first day , 6 times the second day, and 4 times the third day, today so far 3 times. no fever no other symptoms. been eating the brat diet.along with Gatorade. the diarrhea is yellow water with some mushed small pieces of yellow. concern is could this be c diff , I took Valtrex about a month ago.
Hi. No, one isn't at risk for C diff from taking Valtrex and in general, something like this is just a viral gastroenteritis and runs it's course in about three to five days. So long as there's no fever, significant abdominal pain or anything that looks like pus or blood in your stool this should be over with soon. That said, if it does last beyond about Tuesday, you should have an evaluation and a stool sample sent for cultures to see if you might have an E coli or a salmonella infection
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there anything else I could eat, like ginger ale and breast from a baked chicken , or yogurt with live cultures

The yogurt might help and the chicken is fine. Nothing spicy or fatty and stay away from dairy products for now. Any fluids are fine but the Gatorsde and juices will help with the electrolyte losses