Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Hello my mother (63) complains of pains running across her

Hello my mother (63) complains of pains running across her lower abdomen (pelvic region). The pain shoots down her right thigh into her leg. She has had a physical examination done by a doctor who found no masses. No lab tests done yet. Any idea what this might be?
Lower back pain?
Pain during urination?
Frequent urination?
Is pain intermittent or continuous throughout the day?
Since how long has she been suffering from?
Numbness in leg?
Is she taking any medications?
Any other medical history?
Is she overweight?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Occasional lower back pain

No pain during urination

No frequent urination

No diarrhea

Sometimes the pain will last most of the day and then wear off. She has said sometimes it starts after a bowel movement.

I've known of the issue for a bout 2-3 weeks now. The pain isn't there every day either.

No fever, no leg numbness

She is hypertensive and little overweight - not diabetic

Taking hypertension meds (coreg, hctz, ramipres), recently prescibed cholesterol tabs but haven't started yet.

She is trouble with arthritis and a XRAY done a few years back indicated degeneration in the lower spine.

Thanks for providing more information.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
As you describe,possible causes may include
Lumbar radiculopathy((the compression of lumbar nerves or sacral nerves)results in radiating pain in thigh and leg.
Piriformis syndrome.
Ureteric colic
So further X-ray/MRI of Lumbosacral spine and CT scan Whole Abdomen,Urinalysis should be done in her case.
She can go for physical therapy and take OTC Motrin in the meantime.
If she has constipation and straining during bowel movement then it can be aggravating factors so she should take metamucil,drink plenty of fluids and eat fibre rich diet.

I suggest you to consult an Orthopedist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Anil - she recently did a urinalysis - ecoli found and that was treated. She did a urine culture post and that was fine. Would any of the possible listed conditions cause her pain across the lower abdomen?

Thanks for the follow-up.
Urinary tract infection,Ureter stone can result in lower abdominal pain.
So Ultrasound/CT scan Whole abdomen should be done in her case to rule out underlying possible cause.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.