911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

I have continued pain in both my calves. I had a Doppler done

I have continued pain in both my calves. I had a Doppler done 2 weeks and was told it was normal. Also had another one done at ER 4 weeks ago was normal. Had d dimer done one done and cardiac ct w/ contrast for chest pain all normal. Potassium normal and electrolytes normal. I have been dealing with calf pain constant for 5 months and this last few days it has gotten worse. Nothing makes it better. It also hurts on rest. The pain is not differnt on walking or resting it is constant dull pain in back of calves and today felt a little going up thigh for a second. I am stretching , jumping trying everything to get comfortable . Worse on sleep it has now made me nervous . I am worried about stroke or heart attack , arthoscrolsis, . I am going away for 2 days was so excited but this pain is making me scared . I also am feeling nausea for 2 days with constant heartburn. I hope it's ok to go away and have fun and it not be serious. I am waiting for a ankle brachial test in 2 weeks !! Is this serious ??? Again , nothing makes it better . Hard to sleep

911Doctor :

You are perfectly fine to go away for two days.

911Doctor :

Whatever this is is not life threatenting.

911Doctor :

It is NOT a blood clot.

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer: Bit why is this happening had it for months and now it's more annoying
911Doctor :

I can't answer that, it seems like the doctors are trying everything they can to get to a diagnosis

Customer: You don't think it's a blood clot or artery /vein issue.
911Doctor :

no

911Doctor :

I do not

911Doctor :

not with the tests you have had

911Doctor :

it CAN'T be

911Doctor :

it is not a stroke

911Doctor :

it is not a cardiac problem

Customer: Thank you thank you thank you
911Doctor :

you are welcome

Customer: So even if its pad (periheral artery disease) I looked that up also
911Doctor :

no, it's not

911Doctor :

if it were you would have pain only with use of the legs

911Doctor :

but you have it all the time

911Doctor :

this is not from PAD

911Doctor :

standing by

911Doctor :

are you there?

911Doctor :

I see you stepped out of the chat so will change this to a Q and A format.

If your question has been adequately answered please consider leaving positive feedback. If you have further questions simply type them in the box below and click reply. Have a great evening, and, should you need my assistance in the future please begin your question with 'for 911doc'.

Best

Customer: Yes
I'm sorry, my computer said you went offline. Do you have any further questions about my answer?