Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Good afternoon Dr. Bray, I posted a response to your initial

Customer Question

Good afternoon Dr. Bray,
I posted a response to your initial reply. I am hoping you will have a chance to read it.
Respectfully,
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

Anthony Bray, MD :

Hello again,

Anthony Bray, MD :

I will try and find that thread and reply... please bear with with here a few minutes. I have just gotten back online and am responding to follow ups from several customers at the same time... I need to be careful not to confuse you with another!! Please bear with me!!

Anthony Bray, MD :

I will find this thread and be back with you in about 2.3 minutes here...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Hello again

Anthony Bray, MD :

Yes I posted a response on your initial thread...

Anthony Bray, MD :

You have the low white cell count and recurrent UTI's and are on day 3 of Levaquin, right??

Anthony Bray, MD :

The recurrence of discomfort could be from different factors....

Anthony Bray, MD :

You were cathed for one... you are still early in treatment for the current UTI... these could be factors... I would not over-interpret just feeling a bit worse but would stay on the Levaquin and let your doctor's office know of your increase in discomfort and plan follow up...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Developing resistance to Levaquin is possible but I would NOT presume this to be the ccase and stop the antibiotic!!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Continue the Levaquin!

Anthony Bray, MD :

You might take some AZO standard to help relieve symptoms...

Anthony Bray, MD :

You might add vitamin C 500mg twice day.. this helps to make urine more acidic and les favorable to bacteria in general...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Sometimes a patient may have multiple bacteria in an infection and the antibiotic may treat one but not the other... so if your Levaquin was 90% effective vs the bacteria present then the last 10% could emerge as a resistant strain... so you do need follow up soon...

Anthony Bray, MD :

The low white count complicates ytour case and does make the development of resistant infections more likely to occur in your case unfortunately...

Anthony Bray, MD :

I hope that you feel better soon!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Let me know if you have further questions! I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Take Care,

Anthony Bray, MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Customer:

Thank you so much for your response Dr. Bray! I will be sure to follow-up.

Customer:

Thank you Dr. Bray. I will be sure to follow-up soon.

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice