Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

Hello, Is this a malar rash? And

Is this a malar rash?

And are these rashes on my upper arm and roof of my mouth or is this normal?
Thank you
Welcome to the website.
Can you tell me more about your rash?
Are there any other symptoms going on?
ANy other medical problems or medications?

i looked at the pics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have been having pain in my back, hips and right knee. I am frequently dizzy when I stand up, my legs turn a weird marble color when I am cold. I have a history of seizure activity. I would smell very sharp oders that were not there. They did a brain MRI which was normal (about 9 years ago). I have had 4 EEGs and three of them have been abnormal. The first neruologist said I had epilepsy, I went for a second opinion and he said he suspected painless migraines. then the Third neurologist (I changed because we moved to CT 8 years ago) also suspected epilepsy. I only have access to the latest one that she ordered:

I have had sharp pains in my right side periodically for 10+ years. I had a CT scan a few years ago after going to the ER for the pain:

And I have had an MRI of my back due to severe back pain that started about 2 years ago out of the blue (no injury I know of):

For medications, I am on metformin, lexapro, vyvanse & lipitor.

have you seen a rheumatologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I haven't

Well, that would be the next person I would see.
It sounds like you have a systemic illness with the rash, pain and dizziness.

Usually this is an autoimmune disease, an indolent infection (HIV or TB), or - less likely- a malignancy

But seeing a rheumatologist, particularly in the presence of an unusual rash on your face, which could be a malar rash, is important. You need to be screened for lupus, etc..

I hope that this helped

Please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, but is the redness on my arms and mouth normal or is that a symptom?

No, it is not.
And because of this, you should be checked out for why you are having these diffuse rashes.
I agree with you- something is up. And I think that you should be ruled out for autoimmune disease

I hope that this helped