Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Last week I had a horrible metal taste on the left side of

Last week I had a horrible metal taste on the left side of my mouth and went to dentist. He felt that a crown was leaking and I was having a metal reaction. Had root canal and capped the tooth last Friday and better by Sunday. Yesterday I was drinking a diet root beer and the metal sour taste came back immediately. This time no metal taste on any tooth, more burning on my tongue and roof of mouth. I am now extremely stressed and need help.
Associated sore throat?
Phlegm at back of throat?
Throat irritation and clearing?
Heartburn,nausea?
Are you taking any medications like antibiotics,etc?
White patches on tongue?
Dry mouth?
Any sores,blisters on tongue and roof of mouth?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No none of the above.

Once I had my tooth capped it went away for 7 days but at that time it was only on the left side of my tongue and there was a white spot where it sat against the tooth. Been great until yesterday then back with a vengeance. Tongue is every mealy sore and burns but may have made it worse with brushing and mouthwash yesterday

Not sure what type of dr or dentist to see regarding this problem but it is very concerning.
Thanks for providing more information.
As you describe,possible causes may include Oral thrush,Stomatitis,Acid reflux,burning mouth syndrome,Anemia.
You should try OTC Prilosec.
And consult your dentist again for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.
Drink plenty of fluids.
And avoid alcohol,smoking,caffeine,carbonated beverages,spicy food,fried foods.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.