911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

Hi.. one week ago i had went to the toilet and alot of strain

Customer Question

Hi.. one week ago i had went to the toilet and alot of strain as passing my stools, then an hour or so later i was getting a sharpish pain in my left testicle & 24 hours the pain was gone but now its got like a grape sized lump at the bottom and has looked swollen when the testicles have dropped. Can you please tell me what this is?
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 1 year ago.

911Doctor :

is it painful?

911Doctor :

are you nauseated or having abdominal pain?

Customer:

it was painful at the start but little pains come and go during the day in seconds

911Doctor :

okay

Customer:

I also feel the testicles moving about alot as i have never noticed this before :(

911Doctor :

so my main concern is for an inguinal hernia

911Doctor :

good story for it

911Doctor :

but a testicular problem is also possible

911Doctor :

this is definitely something you need to get looked at as soon as you can

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer:

i am going to the docs tomorrow will it need surgery if its a hernia?

911Doctor :

yes

Customer:

is it possible to be cancer?

911Doctor :

hernias can get entrapped and this is an emergency

911Doctor :

but yours is not entrapped if it IS in fact a hernia

Customer:

okay, is there a chance it could be cancer?

911Doctor :

no

Customer:

are is there a chance it could be something that can be fixed with antibiotics?

911Doctor :

cancer does not pop up one day while straining at a bowel movement

911Doctor :

there is something called 'epidimo-orchitis', which is a bacterial infection of the testicle and epididymus

911Doctor :

but this gets progressively worse over a few days and is quite painful

911Doctor :

I don't think this is the case with you

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer:

so hernia is 90% ?

911Doctor :

no, I can't say that

911Doctor :

a hernia is diagnosed on physical exam

Customer:

okay thanks for your time! i will come back tomorrow and let you know!

911Doctor :

the story you tell is a good one for inguinal hernia

Customer:

i see

911Doctor :

please do not forget to leave positive feedback if this has been helpful

Customer:

ok

911Doctor :

it is the only way we are reimbursed for our time

Customer:

thanks

911Doctor :

I will be happy to check in with you tomorrow if you like

Customer:

great

911Doctor :

okay

911Doctor :

will see to it

911Doctor :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. If this answer has been helpful to you please consider leaving positive feedback. Should you require my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc’, and I am usually on the site most days.

Best

911Doctor, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Emergency Physician
Expert:  911Doctor replied 1 year ago.
what were the results of your evaluation?
911doc