Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have been doing a lot of burping & getting pressure under

I have been doing a lot of burping & getting pressure under my ribs and light pain in the middle of my back & into the right side into the shoulder blade. Sometimes I feel a bit nauseous - do not vomit. Some times in the past it is difficult to lie on my sides when I am trying to sleep. I have a really dry feeling in the back of my throat & a tickle. I know that I probably have an allergy as I have mucus like stuff draining the back of the throat as well.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

You are taking the right medicines but you as you are not getting over the gassy symptoms ,you cannot pass this on as gastritis alone. Most common pathology associated with such symptom is gall bladder stone known as cholelithiasis. This can easily be detected on an ultrasound scan of your liver and gall bladder.

Take tums/peptobismol OTC which would reduce the gas pressure. Continue taking the zantac.

You should talk to your doctor / PCP and get the ultrasound done.

For the drainage at the back of your throat, you can take mucinex that will expectorate out any chest congestion / mucus inside the throat and chest.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Bonuses would be appreciated.