Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

My boyfriend has started taking the " GNC Pro Performance®

My boyfriend has started taking the " GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60" and I was wondering if there maybe any side affects or addiction to this supplement. It does not say anything about FDA proven or its a natural supplement so I was worried that if he takes this long term which I mean over 3 months or 6 months there might be a side affect to his body. Can someone explain to me about this product vs health? I have read some articles on line stating that some supplement can made huge effect on bodies.
Thank you

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not strictly regulate herbs and supplements.

A problem with judging the quality of these products is that they are mostly reported by the company promoting the product. The "studies" these products often refer to are funded and run by the company itself and may be biased and lack control groups and randomization.

In my opinion avoid long-term excessive intake because it may result in side effects.

So if your boyfriend is taking this supplement i would suggest to take it for a shorter duration.

Usually they don't cause any sort of addiction.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In your opinion what is considered as short term and long term usage?

Short term course include 30-45 days.

Long term means 3 months or more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your opinion
You are most welcome.
Good luck.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.

Whenever you have health related problems then you can ask me in future.
It's my privilege to help you in every aspect.
Thanks dear.