Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

In regards XXXXX XXXXX rectal ulcer he said the same thing my uncle

star-full

In regards XXXXX XXXXX rectal ulcer he said the same thing my uncle said. Said thats where the bleeding is coming from. In regards XXXXX XXXXX stomach ulcer and erosions he said its from bile. He said if I have blood in my vomit its from a Mallory Weise tear. He said he doesn't think I have a gastrinoma. He said he'd run the IBD panel blood test on me.
Close the other page first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did
So he's considering and inflammatory bowel disease? And a Mallory Weiss tear can't be diagnosed on symptoms alone but those usually heal on their own. What does he think is causing the elevated gastrin level? And I know you don't know more than what he said but there's no reason for you to have bile refluxing into your stomach. And how did he explain your pain and your finding it hard to eat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said if um not taking nsaids like a say im not, and since i dont have infection then the onlybother reason for nonhealing ulcers is an IBD. He thinks it was my meds even though i stopped them before the test. He said he doesnt know why it hurts. He said he cant even be sure uts my ulcers causing my pain until my ulcers are healed. He saids i need to be rescoped in october
Why did he give you the Cipro and the Flagyl? And did he comment on the gastrin level?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Possible infection causing the pain. He just said he didnt think its a tumor but medication causing it
What--the PPI medications for acid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ya
Possibly, yes. So did he just use the term IBD without specifying which one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I stopped the ppis 2 weeks pripr to the test. And he didnt specify
Do you know what tests he's going to run?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its the prometheus IBD sgi panel
Good--that's pretty inclusive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok what if its neg
Here we go with the what if's--let's just wait and see what it shows first
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fine
I know you want an answer here but that's just not possible and like I told you I think it's likely Crohn's
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whateves
Can we dispense with the one liners please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry. Im just frustrated
I know. But here's a good example of a situation over which you have no control right now and it would help if you had some tools to let it go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can i tell you something and you note get made at me
I've never gotten mad at you so go ahead
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive had too muc to drink
Not mad but unless you can carry on a lucid conversation we should wait until tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im
Having lucid conversation. Im a failure
How so?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im a failure cuz i drank too much
Well, let's stay away from the term failure--let's call it loss of control
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And my hearts goinh fast and i took my night meds.
So what do we need to say about the drinking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont know
Well, give me your thoughts about it and don't use terms like failure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Drinkings bad. It makes me do dum
Stiff. And i feel icky when i drink it. And idk whtelsemyou wNt me to say
You're getting sloppy with your typing so let's call this off until tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need you
I can't help you if you're drunk anymore than I could help anyone if they're drunk. I'd just be talking to the booze and not to the person
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dont leave me please
OK--then talk to me in a clear voice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry, i fell asleep
Good. How are you feeling?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yucky! I think i have a hangover
Not surprising.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only had 3 mikes harders and 3 schmirnoffs
And you don't expect to have a hangover after that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
More than enough alcohol to give one a hangover, I assure you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The 8% alcohol kicks my butt
Well, let's change the subject
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Marty told me yestersay that i was a slut and got everything i deserved
So? He's very good at repeating things like that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It makes me feel worthless
He's the one I'd call relatively worthless and I personally would tell him where to go and show him the way there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not mean
That wouldn't be mean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I told mayo dr about the severe dry mouth and he told me it happens give it a couple mpre weeks
Well, that particular side effect doesn't usually go away. Did you ask him specifically why he chose that one medication?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said because ots a neuromodulater
And there are studies that show it is effective on chronic pain. I called my psychiatrist about my worsening depression anf she isnt in until
9/3
How about your therapist next week? And obviously the amitriptylene isn't helping so you should ask the GI to take you off it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My therapist isnt
Any help. My reg gi dr wants me on it too
So tell them about the side effects being bothersome and ask for something else--sometimes you have to put up a fight. And if your therapist isn't any help why were you so anxious to get in touch with him and for him to call you back before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because he is able to calm me down sometimes
So why did you say he wasn't any help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hes not help in regards XXXXX XXXXX over my problems
Probably true
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive already had a panic attack at work today
We're starting to chat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you want me to say
Nothing for right now unless you have something specific we can work on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had to move my appt with my psychiatrist to the end of august
Well, that's a week earlier at least
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whoops i meant end of september
Why so long?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because i cant keep the one at the begining of september. And her next opening is the 26th of september. I told her nurse about the worsening depression and the drinking
Well, I guess that's all you can do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess
Don't waste space with a reply like that please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am just so really depressed
What exactly makes you say that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont enjoy anything anymore. I hate work. Its a battle every morning just to even get out of bed. And like on the weekends i dont even shower. I use to shower twice a day religiously
So what exactly is bringing you down so much?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont know. Nothings really changes lately. I just feel hopless
What about the feeling you got with all those good words from your co-workers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was short lived
Because you tried as best you could to forget it and you probably thought they really didn't mean it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont believe them. Marty just told me i was a piece of shit and should die
I really don't need to know what Marty says and if I were you I'd make sure he was never in a position to be able to say that to me. Did it ever occur to you that, just like Marty--painful, hateful, abusive but a known quantity and somehow comfortable--that your depression is much like an old companion that you'd rather spend your time with than say goodbye to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Marty and i had a huge fight. And he threw his phone at me and pushed me down the steps. And then heeft and daid i should just kill myself vecause no one would care
OK--I'll bite--what was the fight about? I say that because you completely ignored what I just said
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because he told the girls that noone wNted them. So i scolded him
OK--enough of Marty since at least for now you seem to want to subject yourself to his abuse
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But my dad figure was over and i yelled ar him because he said i was being pathetuc for crying over marty abd then he told me he hated me and regretted ever taking me in. I am so sad and hurt
I really don't have anything to say about that since we've talked about it at great length. He's got his own demons and you just have to realize that probably deep down inside he doesn't mean it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont care
Then I don't have anything to say about it and--not mad at all--it's time to close this page
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Well, if you insist on coming back here and talking about this particular subject I'll have to opt out--it's useless for us to continue to talk about it right now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why are you being so mean
OK--close this page and I'll pick up on your new one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you not going to help me anymore
Not on things we've talked about before and you can't just use that other one page to go on and on about something we've talked about before. For now, don't come back to this page and hold off posting a new question until you can afford it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you angry at me