Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

why would my toddler have tiny holes in the bottom of her

why would my toddler have tiny holes in the bottom of her feet
Hi--can you describe the holes and how long have they been there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they look like pin pricks some of them have black marks around them now they have been there for about 2-3 months now she keeps getting a upset tummy but we were just putting that down to her eating things that don't agree with her but her nana has told me about a parasite thing that can go into there feet when they play out in the garden with no shoes on and that they can live in her stomach and worse still they can travel through her blood stream im very worried now is this true and do you think that could be what it is .x.

Any chance you could post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im just waiting for her getting back from her nana's then i will try to

That would help me a lot--I'll wait until you can post it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry--that's very blurry. Could you try again and maybe post two or three photos?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cant get it to work properly

That's OK--I can at least see what you are referring to. Tell me more about her stomach problems
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she complains of her tummy hurting her and she keeps getting the runs she has started having a few sleeps in the day again this seams to be when she has eaten and she seams to be getting full easeyer than she was before i thought she was having problems with wheat coz when she ate cereal with wheat in she was getting the runs but im not sure now coz she can eat bread ok

OK--and she hasn't seen a doctor about all that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i was just trying to keep her off wheat coz i thought that's all it was but now her nana has said that about a parasite im getting worried her getting sleepy and getting full has just been in the last few days and our doctors is closed till tomorrow

OK. The two parasites you're referring to are hookworms and roundworms which live in the soil and if they get into the feet they lodge in the intestines and can cause symptoms like what your toddler has. Usually, though, there are no marks on the foot from these. This isn't an emergency, though, and with the proper medication these can be easily eradicated. Your child will need an exam along with blood work and a stool sample to make the diagnosis
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much i can stop panicking so much now its not an emergency ill get her a appointment as soon as they open tomorrow

My pleasure but let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will thanks

Take care