Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

The information I nee is for a novel I am writing, I have

The information I nee is for a novel I am writing, I have two questions. First, I am looking for a very rare blood type or something so that when my character gets hurt, only blood or something from his grandfather will match.
Second, If a man is of Welch decent and has wavy, black hair, what color would his eyes be and that of a mother so that the grandson has the same wavy, black hair but hazel eyes?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The answer to your questions are:

1. AB negative overall is the rarest blood group in USA, though different parts of the world may have different blood types.

2. Since the child has hazel eyes, the grandson could either get it from his father or mother. Genetics say that there is always a 50% chance to carry the genes from either parent.

I guess I have answered your questions!

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Bonuses would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did give you a good review and bonus but when I reread your answer, it wasn't exactly the answer I needed. If the grandfather has blue eyes, his son hazel, then the grandson hazel, what would the mother of the son and grandson eye's have to be? If her eyes are hazel, then that gene is the dominate one?

Thanks for the good review! But I did not get your bonus??

Now, coming back to your question: You did not mention the color of the grand father's eyes as blue.

I think you are slightly confused. Lets get to the basic point.The color of the eyes is "polygenic", determined the color of the eye pigment inside the iris and the frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris. And as I said, the color of the eyes (like any other gene) has 50% chances for being carried from either parent, depending on whether it is the dominant or recessive gene.

So, if you want the son's eye color hazel with the grandfather having blue eyes, then the grand mother's eye color has to be hazel.
Secondly, if the grand son's eye color is hazel and his father is hazel too than his mother's eye color is either hazel or some other color.

And as you see that both the son and the grand son's eye color is hazel, it is likely the dominant gene.

I hope you understand my explanation.

It was a pleasure assisting you.