Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

okay this is very awkward to explain and kind of embarrassing

okay this is very awkward to explain and kind of embarrassing but I am getting concerned and need to seek help. I will try my best to explain what is going on.

I am having pain and pressure in my ovaries/uterus/general area, which is common I know. But it is a little before and during menstration and it is severe and much worse than a normal period. there are cramps of course but what is alarming is the stabbing pain. It feels like immense pressure pressing on my ovaries ect. Urinating is extremely painful and not the urinating itself, it is the "releasing/pushing" the urine that is painful, not the urination itself. Also to make things more complicated my rectum experiences the same stabby pressure when having a bowel movement, it is so painful it take my breath away. Not only do I have pain in my rectum when having a bowel movement, but also deep within my ovary area, just like urinating.

It is also important to note that I am currently on the depo shot and have been for five years now. I previously never had a period while on it, but now I spot constantly.

Also while this is happening intercourse is also very very painful, especially deep penetration.

Do you have any history of constipation?

Burning sensation while urination?

Since how many days are you having these symptoms?

Do you have any children?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no constipation at all, no burning while urinating either.

I have these symptoms about 4-9 days a month and I have been having them for about three years. the spotting on the shot starting about a year ago

Do you have any mood swings? Anxiety? Especially in relation to periods?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I don't and I never really have. the weird thing is my periods used to be no big deal just light crampy and that was it.

Well from what you describe i would think that you should be clinically examined and further test like urine routine examination and ultrasound of the lower abdomen be done.

In the mean time you should drink plenty of water.

Also eat high fibre diet and natural fruits and salads.

Also clinical examination to rule out anal fissure as a cause of pain during bowel movement.

To rule out any pelvic pathology like ovarian cyst or fibroid etc.

Possible differential diagnosis may include

PMS