Dr. Nitika
Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience:  General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM
2598649

tiny brown spot about 1 mm on my forearm

I just noticed a tiny brown spot about 1 mm on my forearm across from my elbow. I took a picture of it. Can you look at it and tell me what you think it is?

Is anyone there?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late reply.
Associated itching?
Is it raised?
Insect bite?
Please send the picture?
Duration of symptoms?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying to figure out how to send it. It is very slightly raised. No itching. I don't know if it is an insect bite. I just noticed it.

Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

You can send the picture through paper pin icon on your tool bar in reply forum.

Also send me the link of your picture through photo bucket or mediafire website.

Thanks dear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get it?

Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

Sorry dear,i didn't get any link or photo.

Please try again.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think you can see it now. I had to restart my computer.

Did you get the picture?

Hello, are you still there?

Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your picture,it seems to be a mole.
And as it round with regular borders so it is benign (non cancerous) and harmless.
You should just watch if it's growing in size,associated irregular borders,shape then you should be seen by a dermatologist for a clinical exam.
As per your current condition,no treatment is required.
Avoid sun exposure.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.
Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience: General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It's possible that it was there all along and I never noticed it.

Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.
It might be possible however less likely as you had never noticed it before.
As per it's current size and appearance,it's less likely to be a cancerous so you should just watch it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could it be a blood blister or something other than a mole?

Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.
Blood blister is usually associated with pain and pressure around the area.
It subside in few weeks.
So most likely it's mole and it's harmless.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. XXXXX shouldn't worry about it then.

Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.
You should watch for any other unusual symptoms and currently no treatment is required.

You are most welcome.
Thanks.
Dr. Nitika, Doctor