Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have Lupus and have been on a low-dose codeine for years.

I have Lupus and have been on a low-dose codeine for years. Is there any other, not so addictive, medication I could use instead?
Hi--is the codeine the only pain mediation you've ever tried? What exactly is the nature of your pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have extreme joint and spine pain. Sometimes feels if all my joints are on fire. I have tried other pain medications, but only seem to get relief with the codeine. I only take 1/2 tablet when needed. It doesn't relieve all the pain, but does help enough that I can go to work.
OK-but it would help first to know specifically what other medications you've tried
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have taken Celebrex, Naproxen, Tramadol, and various over the counter pain relievers.
OK. I'd suggest Lyrica, Voltaren, or Daypro as nonaddictive alternatives to the codeine