Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi! I have a small (smaller then a pimple), hard, red, bump

Hi!

I have a small (smaller then a pimple), hard, red, bump behind my ear. It doesn't hurt and it's small. Wondering what it is?

Thank you.

Hello Annie,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Since when is the bump?
Is it increasing in size?
Any significant past medical history?
Is it possible for you to attach a photo of bump? You can attach it here by clicking the paper clip icon or post it on file sharing site.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Annie,

Did you post a photo or link of file sharing site? It seems it has not pasted / attached. Could you please do it again.

Thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Red Bump

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Red Bump

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Red Bump

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you receive my photo? I'm not sure when the bump appeared. Has not increased in size. Red Bump

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Didn't receive my answer. The doctor asked for a picture but didn't follow up. I'm going to bed.

Cherry Hemangioma or Angiokeratoma is the likely possibility. These are non cancerous swelling (benign) and can be excised by a dermatologist (skin specialist) or general surgeon by the cautery or laser. Cherry hemagioma is more likely possibility here.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.