Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

couple years ago i had an xray test and my chiropractor told

couple years ago i had an xray test and my chiropractor told me i had poor posture. i get neck pain with headaches, shoulder pain and back pain too. last week while i was at work i had a blackout for a minute and i was feeling dizzy. so my question why iam having blackouts?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you know what was the report of X-ray?
What was your blood pressure when you fell dizzy?
Are you on any medications?
Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?
Did you had breathing discomfort?
Any other health or medical problems

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the report said i had spinal misalignment

Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Spinal misalignment occurs when a vertebra (spinal bone) loses its normal positioning in relation to the one above it, below it, or both.
A chiropractor can restore the motion to restricted spinal joints and misaligned vertebrae by working in union with the body's own mechanics.
This is done manually by using a procedure known as manipulative therapy.
This condition, of spine is not responsible for blackout.

Having a blackout, is of concern, and it is important to evaluate the right cause.

It occur when brain doesn't' t gets enough blood flow and one lose consciousness.
Usually a slow heart rate causes a drop in blood pressure, this reduces the blood flow to the brain. It should not be left ignored and have to be evaluated by doctor in ER. Possible causes are-

-Emotional distress,
-Heart disease (decreased blood flow to the heart or irregular heart rhythm),
-Low blood sugar,
-Seizures,
-Panic attacks,
-Blood pressure imbalance.

A clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis. You need to undergo these tests- EKG, Blood pressure monitoring, Blood sugar test, Cardiac examination, Exercise stress test.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have neck shoulder pain and headaches couldn't these signs cause dizziness and blackouts?

Mohamud, I can understand your concern.

Well, Dizziness is a sensation of lightheadedness, faintness, or unsteadiness. It can occur with many causes-

-Low blood sugar level
-Change in blood pressure level
-Thyroid disorder
-Inner ear issue (the inner ear is responsible for balance ) like Ménière disease.
- Neurological conditions.

As such dizziness can be due to Spinal misalignment, but blackout and loss of complete consciousness can also occur with any other medical condition.
You need a thorough clinical examination and detailed blood work for evaluation.