Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

Educational: if I was graduated from medical college outside

Educational: if I was graduated from medical college outside US and got good grades on USMLE, can I apply to the residency program inside USA as self sponsored rather than matching program?
Yes, you can match outside of the match even if you are a FMG.
You may have better luck with an inner city program or rural program, particularly in an underserved area and in a high demand specialty- like internal medicine, family medicine, psych.

Good luck.

Please leave positive feedback if this helped.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Doctor,

What if I didn't do the USMLE and want to join directly as a self sponsored outside the matching ? Or FMG is must on either way?
Can you suggest specific hospitals for Internal Medicine?
If you know the average cost per year, it will be helpful.

Thank you Customer
You need to take the USMLE. That is the only way you can get approved by the state medical boards to practice.

The needs of hospitals working out side the match vary yearly, so I cannot make any recommendation.

Your best bet is to take the USMLE and then contact the hospitals after the match process in March- they will let you know about unfilled positions.

You get paid- you don't pay.
YOu get paid about 40,000 USD per year of residency.